Majority of the population has a common saying that “I’m having an excessive headache”, I can’t inhale air by using my nose, it’s jammed”, or else sometimes “I’m having runny nose along with the sneezing”. All these are a very common form of words which we usually hear from our near ones or sometimes we used these words a lot. This has a reason because we suffer a lot with stuffy nose, runny nose, and headache and above all the most fatal is the sinus. Today we will know about sinus infection and also relief from sinus issue.
WHAT IS SINUS INFECTION?
A sinus can be commonly called as cavity, an air filled cavity.. Inflammation of the sinus area is frequently known as sinusitis. In our skull, the eyes and nose hollow are connected. When cavity occurs it simply blocks the sinus area. A sinus infection occurs when bacteria or virus grows within the sinus and causes blockage. Two types of sinus are found:
More often now sinus infection is treated with the antibiotics, anti-inflammatory medicines which are quite nasty in some cases. This is a bit harmful as in some cases if you are used to medicine. In Acute cases you can go for some natural remedies. If the sinus infection is continuous or say Chronic, you need to seek doctor’s medication if all other natural remedies fall.
JUST TAKE A GLANCE
Let’s now see what causes the sinus infection. It is the relevant part as you get to know the main culprit behind whom or which disrupts your daily motion.
• Common Colds due to bacteria and virus;
• Cigar smoke, Dust and cold weather may b a good cause;
• Air pollution is another huge factor;
• Stress is the reason of sinus. In one study in China it is being seen that at around 19.1% of the World suffers from sinus infection due to stress issue;
• Damage of the hair like fibers Cilia.
REMEDIAL STEPS TO GET RID OF SINUS INFECTION
Whenever you are dealing with sinus infection your first concern would be to stay annoyance free. Here in the next segment you will be provided with some steps which will help you to stay irritant-free.
This will be your first work whenever you are facing sinus infection. Avoid the stuffs which make your body dehydrated. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily to stay hydrated. This makes your body immune system to boost up swiftly.
This is an aged old method which I inherited from my grandmother. You will need- A big mug; steamed hot water; A clean towel; Vicks Vapor Rub or menthol;
1. Firstly, take the mug and filled it with hot steamed water (I am mentioning steam water. It means that the water needs to be a bit much hot so that it creates a good bunch of steam)
2. Then pour some Vicks Vapor Rub gel into the water about ½ tsp. For effective result you can pour a small amount of menthol in the hot steamed water.
3. After that, place the mug to an even place and keep your head above the hot steamed water. Remember to cover your head with a clean towel so that the steam doesn’t escape away quickly.
4. Now try to inhale the hot steam and this will help you to break the thick mucus which is resided in the hollow of your nose, cheek bones and lower part of the forehead.
Hope this process will surely help you. I personally do this method whenever I am having headache or other sinus infection problem.
HONEY & LEMON COMFORT:
I gave this mixture a name and it’s “honey & lemon comfort”. After having this solution you will get greater comfort if you are facing sinus infection issues.
1. First, take a cup and add in it 1 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
2. Then pour in it hot water and mix it up.
3. Drink the solution and you will feel a great comfort in dealing with brutal sinus.
SALT WATER SOLUTION:
Salt water solution is also a primeval method to reduce infection.
1. Take a mug and place ¼ tsp of salt in it.
2. Add with it 4-5 tbsp of a bit warm water.
3. Now, let the water cool. When the water is lukewarm you can use that.
4. Now take a Nasal Pump or which we called aspirator and filled it with the water solution. (Nasal empty pump can be found anywhere)
5. Lie down and slightly press the nasal pump which is filled with solution, into your nose.
6. Be careful about a matter, whenever you are letting the solution into your nose; make sure you exhaust all out through your mouth.
In this way your blocked nasal area will be free for more than 4-5 hours. This is a short-term solution to give you a quick relief.
My grandmother named it “bitter solution” but truly it isn’t that much bitter at all. You will need- One deep concave steel spoon (handle should contain the rubber or silicone); 1-2 tbsp of mustard oil; 1-2 tsp of lime juice; a little pinch of salt.
1. Take a big hollow spoon (I am mentioning big because it will be easier for you to make the solution)
2. Place about 1-2 tbsp of mustard oil and add with it 1-2 tsp of lime juice. (The proportion will be if you use 1 tbsp of oil then add 1tsp of lime juice. And if you use 2tbsp mustard oil then add with it 2tsp lime juice)
3. Add a pinch of salt and take the spoon above the direct hit of stove. Let the solution to have a bit simmered. Be careful it could splash a bit. But don’t afraid because it won’t much splash because of the salt.
4. Now gulp the solution. Try to take no more than 2 tsp.
Hopefully this will clear your mucus problem. Try to repeat it thrice a week.
Sinus infection causes many other problems and you are aware of those substances. Sometimes we get severe headache, Sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose or other many more problems. In this regard you can use over-the-counter medication to reprieve you from the nasty sinus pain.
PREVENTIVE STEPS AGAINST SINUS INFECTION:
You first and foremost duty would be to avoid pollution. Contaminated air may cause harm you nasal way and exacerbate your sinus pain.
I have pointed out earlier that drink lots of water. Keep yourself hydrated.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
If you are a smoker, it causes harm for your own self and also brings impairment for your near and dear ones. So, eliminate smoking.
Sometimes food can cause certain allergies. Dairy food, ice-cream or gluten causes sinus infection. Try to avoid these as much as possible.
Hope you got assistance in case you are having sinus infection. Try to consult with a doctor if the situation is relentless. Best wishes for you.