Once my sister was getting ready for a prom night with a low-cut dress and suddenly she noticed that her chest and back had so many black heads, white heads and pustules. She were feeling doomed after seeing such discomfited thing. Acne issues are very frequent for our face but we tend to take appropriate care for our face but fail to remember about the other parts of the body. The oil producing glands are also active in the chest and back area. Just like the face acne, chest acne also forms whenever your oil producing glands are clogged by dead skin cells or any other dirt. Usually this problem is very normal for any ages of people, not necessarily it will transpire to only teenage people.
WHAT IS CHEST ACNE?
Acne is a pimple like thing which occurs due to some bacteria. Sometimes body acne forms as like little rashes on your chest. Acne happens most of the time due to sweat, dirt or oil. When you are outside home, doing work, you sweat a lot. If you keep those sweat for a long time than it will seal the skin pores.
Let me give you a little brief about types of acne:
I am the long run sufferer of this type of acne. Papules are red inflamed bumps which have no heads. I think many teenagers face this dilemma and for the past 8 years I am suffering too if I don’t take proper care of my body skin as well.
Blackheads forms when your skin pores are blocked by bacteria. It partially blocks your pores.
Whiteheads are similar like Blackheads. It forms when skin pores are fully blocked by sebum and dead cells. It looks like pimple with white heads on it.
There are some severe cases of acne which cause much trouble. Sometimes it leads to a severe consequence like surgery. Those are:
For me this is the severe case of acne. Sometimes it requires surgery to get rid of this problem. It can be known as large lesions. An excessive damage on your skin can occur if you don’t take proper action. And the mark of it is rare to be gone.
It is in the second group of severe chest acne. Cysts are filled with yellow pus. It is very ghastly to look as well. If you are in unconscious mind and suddenly scratch your cysts acne then the consequence can become dreadful.
It is also similar to cysts. It can be large in size. Nodules scar stays for a long time. If you take medication against this it will be gone. But like magic it will exist in on the same place again. So, it is better if you take the doctor’s advice in this case and take a surgical option if you wanted to get permanent solution.
HOW TO GET RID OF CHEST ACNE:
We have come across many a more reasons and the category. Now, let’s jump to the main fact and convey some home remedies which are already being tested by me and my near ones.
1.USING SALICYLIC CONTAINING SOAP:
Whenever you take shower try to use soap which contains salicylic acid. Or you can use soap which contains cucumber. These two are dry agent which helps to curb your acne. Try to bath everyday because if you do so then the sebum or bacteria won’t find a way to reside on your skin.
I used this method a several times. It’s quite effective but not for long.
- Take 1 liter of water in a large bowl and add in it 1cup of sea salt.
- Now soak in it a clean white washcloth. Then wring the salt water out of it. Don’t wring it dry.
- Now apply it in your chest area. Clean the whole area then let it to dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then again repeat the procedure 4 to 5 times.
Apply cream which contains salicylic acid. The range is between 0.5 to 2 percent. Apply the cream directly over your acne. Let it to dry for some time. Cream helps to dry the affected area as soon as possible. Wet area is a living place for such things like acne, pimples or other irritation things.
4.USE BENZOYL PEROXIDE:
It helps to fight against bacteria. Just like salicylic containing cream benzoil peroxide also helps to dry the acne. And it heals the affected area very fast.
Aloe Vera is my favorite remedy among all other. In many cases we can use Aloe Vera. It is effective for pimples, cysts, acne and other skin problems. Aloe Vera contains anthraquinones and lectins which is very useful to treat acne.
- Take one Aloe Vera leaf and cut out the gel from the leaf.
- Apply the gel on your acne prone places. Rub it for sometimes and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- You will notice a good result after using Aloe Vera Gel for continuous 2 week.
For better result, you can keep the Aloe gel in the fridge before applying it.
Take some yogurt in a bowl and add with it 2 tbsp of milk. Mix it well then apply it directly to the acne. Then after a while clean the acne area with lukewarm water.
It is an effective home remedies. Rub a garlic clove on the acne. It will heal the place very quickly. It’s quite painful to bear the smell but to gain something better you can give it a try.
You can also make a paste with aspirin. In a bowl take some aspirin then add with it 1 tsp honey and 3 tbsp of milk. Now apply it in your chest. Leave it for about 15 minutes then wash it off with cold water.
9.TEA TREE OIL:
Tea tree oil contains active agent which is helpful against acne or pimples. Take some cotton ball and soak it in tea tree oil. Then apply it on the acne.
Lemon juice can cure back or chest acne as for their acidic property. Cut a lemon in half. Rub the open part on your chest and also back. Than keep it for about an hour. Those who have sensitive skin, try in a small part of your body to test either you can deal with it or not. If you are sensitive to lemon you can use sugar on the open part and then rub. Sugar will help to create a balance of acid.
11.AHA FOR ACNE REMOVAL:
Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) helps to remove dead skin cell and also clears your pores from deep inside. You can use any types of body wash which contains AHA. Remember when you are in shower try to use a mild exfoliate or wash cloth to rub your chest or back area.
HOW TO PREVENT CHEST ACNE:
- Always take precautions for preventing acne to come onto your skin again.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a whole day.
- Water flushes out all the toxic from our body.
- Maintain a healthy diet which contains a lot of fruit and vegetables.
- Try to avoid smoking. If you smoke your acne will get worse.
- Try to do exercise every day. By doing exercise your skin will get much more air to breathe.
- After you came from outside try to take a bath. As sweat will clog your skin pores completely.
- You can use toothpaste as a quick remedy. I don’t think it would be wise for those people whose skin is a bit thin. Apply some tooth paste on the affected area and apply it evenly. You can keep it overnight for better result. In the morning wash it off with cold water and you will notice less acne or pimples on your chest area.